Saturday, April 12

Masters Chatter: Trevor Immelman and Ian Poulter


Ian Poulter is in contention at the Masters. (Speedpics/Flickr)

South African Trevor Immelman is the 36-hole leader at Augusta. Englishman Ian Poulter is tied for third, three shots back.

Trevor Immelman

“The best players in the world get nervous and they feel pressure. I guess it’s just who can disguise it the best and who can handle it the best. I’m thrilled with my play thus far, but there’s a very long way to go. I can’t sit back and put my feet up. I’ve got to go out there and just try and play as well as I can the next couple of days.”

Ian Poulter
“Who knows with Tiger? He can go out there and put two 65s on the board, I know that. We’ve all seen it before. But Augusta National is a difficult golf course.”

−The Armchair Golfer


(Source: The Associated Press)

1 comment :

noisemaker said...

Congrats Armchair!

Your coverage of The Masters from the inside has been fascinating. I'm on the edge of my chair waiting for your observations of the final round!