Tuesday, December 9

A Day With Natalie Gulbis


Taylor Anderson's mom, Natalie Gulbis and Taylor Anderson.

TAYLOR ANDERSON, A STUDENT AT GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY, won the “Who’s Behind Your Success?” essay contest sponsored by RSM McGladrey. It earned Taylor a day in Las Vegas with LPGA Tour player Natalie Gulbis.

“Born paralyzed on my right side, I am an unlikely golfer,” wrote Taylor, “but all my life my Mom encouraged me to reach for my goals.”

Yesterday was the special day, and Taylor joined Natalie for a workout, round of golf and dinner.

Gulbis is well known for her calendar-girl looks, but she has also proven she belongs on tour and has been a strong advocate for the game and her charity work.

Gulbis Interview

Fellow blogger Shane Bacon interviewed Gulbis earlier this week at FANHOUSE Golf. Shane also writes Dogs That Chase Cars, an entertaining and often irreverent golf blog.

−The Armchair Golfer

3 comments :

Bobbio said...

A breath of fresh air in a cynical age.

LoneWolf said...

Kudos to Taylor. Keep it in the short grass young man!

Mad Hatter said...

I like Natalie.