Saturday, March 14
ARMCHAIR GOLF Briefs
A bevy of golf products, services, events, news and more. Endorsement is not implied.
• Shaft Skinz are light-weight, printed sleeves that fit over the clubs and shrink onto the shaft in a matter of minutes. Now golfers can play with the shafts that best suit their game but choose the look that best suits their personality. There’s a range of designs to choose from in a variety of colors.
• Golf Datatech, LLC, the industry’s leading independent research firm for consumer, trade and retail golf trends and performance, has unveiled its first-ever Women’s Golf Market Study.
• Tiger Woods gives FORTUNE a sneak preview of his new North Carolina golf course in the current issue.
• Teton Springs Lodge & Spa is offering special Spring Golf Packages.
• The Putting Game is a new system that provides fun and excitement as well as precision to a golfer’s putting. The games and skill challenges allow golf enthusiasts the opportunity to practice up to a 32-foot putt at the office or at home.
• Quagmire Golf has re-signed Chez Reavie and signed several other players.
• Training for PGA/LPGA Golf Professionals on how to teach golf to the wounded warriors from Walter Reed Medical Center will be conducted Friday March 27, 2009 at Olney Golf Park in Olney, Maryland. There is no charge but space is limited. Training conducted by Judy Alvarez, PGA/LPGA PGA National Golf Trainer Wounded Warrior Golf Project. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Macali Communications, a marketing and communications company specializing in the golf business, has launched a business blog called Macali Communications Blog.
• PGA Golf Catalunya, a 36-hole golf resort near Barcelona and host to the 2009 Spanish Open, April 30-May 3, has been confirmed as one of Europe’s top golfing venues in a new course rankings survey.
• Graphite Design announced that its Aura shafts have been selected as stock options for the Cleveland HiBore IBorMonster XLS and Launcher drivers.
• GolfGym announced that it has updated its affiliate program with new banners and widgets to match the look of its new packaging and website graphics.
• Not wanting to play with a dirty golf ball inspired Brent Hollows to invent Ball Brite (a personal golf ball and iron cleaner) when he had misplaced his towel and was getting ready to putt.
• Sweet Spot Golf has partnered with Women’s National Golf School.
• Universe Publishing has announced the publication of GOLF: THE ART OF THE MENTAL GAME by the best-selling author of Zen Golf, Dr. Joseph Parent.
• GOLF Magazine Top 100 Instructor Charlie King has launched his new eBook, The New Rules of Golf Instruction.
−The Armchair Golfer