Sunday, May 31
ARMCHAIR GOLF Briefs
A bevy of golf products, services, destinations, events, news and more. Endorsement is not implied.
• ARMCHAIR GOLF is a featured sports blog on GlobalPost.com, an online international news organization whose readers come from every country in the world except North Korea, Chad and Eritrea. “I have spent almost 10 months hunting for 300 of the world’s best blogs in 46 countries and eight themes for GlobalPost,” wrote John Wilpers, Global Blog Coordinator, “and I can safely say that ARMCHAIR GOLF BLOG is one of the best golf blogs I’ve encountered. And one of the best sports blogs, period!”
• June is American Express Women’s Golf Month, during which participating facilities will offer complimentary golf instruction to people 14 years of age and older as well as activities such as networking receptions, golf rules and etiquette seminars, club fitting and equipment demonstrations, golf apparel fashion shows, luncheons, playing experiences and contests. For more info, visit PlayGolfAmerica.com.
• University Golf (LimbGear.com) sells high-quality golf gloves with official collegiate logos such as Virginia Tech.
• American Express Cardmembers can purchase daily passes to attend the 2009 U.S. Open Championship at Bethpage Black on June 18-21 and enjoy access to a private, fully-catered Cardmember-only Chalet.
• GOLF CHANNEL Father’s Day Dream Trip will honor one lucky father and his son or daughter with a trip of a lifetime to the 2010 U.S. Open at Pebble Beach Golf Links, and outfit them with the latest golf equipment from TaylorMade.
• The “Ultimate Golf Workout” from New York Sports Club Master Trainer Amie Hoff uses golf clubs, golf balls and tees as fitness props to increase power, stamina and core strength.
• GOLF CHANNEL announced the addition of Charlie Rymer to the network’s on-air team as an analyst for Golf Central, Live From telecasts and live tournament coverage.
• Dadpreneur’s new ruletwentyone (RuleTwentyOne.com) Back-Pocket Towel is an absorbent bamboo terry layer that’s made in the USA and is eco-friendly.
• GOLF CHANNEL’S Planet Jack is a first-class seat on the ultimate road trip – a 12-day, eight-country, 25,000-mile journey with Hall-of-Famer Jack Nicklaus. The two-part, GOLF CHANNEL special airing Monday and Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. ET will treat viewers to an intimate look into Nicklaus’ business life and show how he is giving back to the game he loves.
• LenovoGolf.com offers discount prices on name-brand golf equipment such as Callaway, Cleveland, Mizuno, NIKE, Odyssey, PING, TaylorMade, Titleist Bridgestone and MacGregor.
• The new two-piece and three-piece golf balls from Screamin Demon Golf (ScreaminDemonGolf.com) are engineered for outstanding control and extreme distance.
• The Course Keeper™ Kit (CourseKeeperKit.com) is a lightweight tool that rakes or blades sand to properly groom bunkers.
• NJGolfMan.com offers discount golf equipment and accessories.
• The World Golf Hall of Fame has announced that two-time Masters Champion José Maria Olazábal will be part of the 2009 Class of Inductees.
• Porta-Putter (Porta-Putter.com) founders and avid golfers Bob Blumberg and Sherwin Chasen have created a revolutionary way for golfers to travel with their favorite putters.
• Martini Golf Tees Inc. (MartiniGolfTees.com) creates golf and sports-related equipment, all made in the USA. Their first product is the Martini Golf Tee.
• Lind Golf (LindGolf.com) will offer customers the chance to design, customize and personalize their own golf clubs and accessories online.
• WutZupHatz.com offers bucket hats, updated with new features.
• Henry-Griffitts Custom Grind “Sizzle” Wedges are available from Henry-Griffitts Certified Teachers nationwide.
• AHEAD (AheadWeb.com) has introduced a new Accessory Collection Gift Set that’s ideal for corporate outings, member-guest and charity events.
• The Kodak Challenge Fantasy Pick ’Em is live. Kicking off this past week at the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial, the new fantasy game lets fans experience the action of the Kodak Challenge online at www.fantasy.kodakchallenge.com. Participants are eligible for Kodak prizes as well as a season-ending giveaway to win a “Disney Golf Dream Vacation for Four.”
• The Virtual U.S. Open hosted by the World Golf Tour and the USGA has begun. Golfers from around the world can play Bethpage Black on a state-of-the-art HD simulation of the course. It’s free at http://usga.usopen.com/2009/virtualopen/.
• Digital Pro Golf is offering a 60 frame-per-second swing recording and analysis system complete with camera, tripod and software for less than $250. PC and Mac compatible.
• Denver Broncos long-snapper Lonie Paxton will host a June fundraiser at Old Greenwood (designed by Jack Nicklaus) in the Lake Tahoe area to include NFL and NBA stars.
• iQuestGolf.com has announced the release of iQuest Golf™, an innovative game that randomly determines which clubs and strategies a player is allowed to use on each hole.
−The Armchair Golfer