DESPITE FALLING OFF the pace today at the Navistar LPGA Classic, amateur sensation Alexis Thompson is still the talk of the LPGA Tour and golf this weekend and remains the big headline grabber among 14-year-old girls.
Playing against the world’s best women golf professionals, Thompson shared the 36-hole lead after shooting rounds of 65 and 69. Today she shot a two-over 74, but didn’t sound too disappointed.
“It’s just one of those days that your game is off,” Thompson said. “That’s golf.”
Lorena Ochoa leads by three going into the final round.
Other News About 14-Year-Olds
In other news:
• A 14-year-old Florida girl was grounded for downloading 1,871 songs on iTunes. She used her mom’s credit card without permission.
• A 14-year-old Indiana girl stopped being “bored.”
• A 14-year-old Colorado girl missed an entire week of school when she forgot to set her alarm clock on Sunday night and slept for 134 hours.
• A 14-year-old Vermont girl went boy crazy.
• A 14-year-old California girl used the word “like” in a sentence 59 times, perhaps setting a Guinness Book of World Records mark. They’re, like, checking into it.
−The Armchair Golfer