Saturday, November 21
ARMCHAIR GOLF Briefs
Assorted news items sent to ARMCHAIR GOLF. Endorsement is not implied. No consideration or compensation was received.
Golf Products and Services
• SwingCzar (swingczar.com) is a resource for golfers of all skill levels. Customers can upload their golf swing to the SwingCzar site and have it analyzed by PGA professionals.
• Pink Diva Golf (PinkDivaGolf.com) has just published their first annual “Girl’s Golf” Holiday Shopping Guide.
• The new Golf Privilege Membership, in support of the American Lung Association, is $39.95 and includes over 3,300 courses. More info at alagolfmembership.org.
• The Amphibian Towel ($29.95) is a golf towel that stays both wet and dry simultaneously. The BrushPro ($17.99) is a user-friendly retractable clubface brush with replaceable brush heads and a flip-out groove-scraper for shoes. More info at Frogger.com.
• The Golfing Caddy (TheGolfingCaddy.com) is a multi-compartment tote and beverage holder that easily clips to a golf bag.
• The Antigua Group has added an additional golf apparel delivery for the holiday season featuring its DESERT DRY™, and introducing its new light weight DESERT DRY™ XTRA-LITE (D2XL), moisture management styles.
• Bag Boy® has introduced the Express Auto Three-Wheel Push Cart.
• STUFFITTS SHOE SAVERS (stuffitts.com), which are cedar inserts, allow golf shoes to last longer and remain odor-free.
• Andrew Rice, Director of Instruction at Berkeley Hall in South Carolina, has a new book coming out called It’s All About Impact – The Winners of Over 100 Majors Prove It. More info at ItsAllAboutImpact.com.
• Winter golf travelers can experience all Fairmont Mayakoba has to offer with the resort’s Sweet Deal Package with Spa & Golf Bonus.
• Some of the world’s most unique golf courses can be found at Deckchair.com. More info at Deckchair.com/355/.
• The 2009 Handa Cup will be held on Saturday, December 5 through Sunday, December 6, 2009, at World Golf Village in St. Augustine, Florida. The annual match-up will be played on World Golf Village’s Slammer & Squire championship golf course, and will feature top international and United States legends of the Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) who will compete in a match play competition. The event is open to the public and single-day grounds passes are $10.
• More than 4,400 golf facilities across the country registered to participate in the third annual Patriot Golf Day and $1.9 million was raised to benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation.
• Joe Steranka, the PGA of America’s Chief Executive Officer, will be awarded the Sports Leadership Award by the March of Dimes New York Division at its 26th Annual Sports Luncheon on Wednesday, December 2 in New York City.
• The High Meadow Ranch Team from Magnolia, Texas, claimed the 2009 OB Sports National Team Championship presented by GPS Industries in Las Vegas.
• Handicapped: A Documentary About Bad Golf will be released on DVD on November 24. More info at BadGolfMovie.com.
−The Armchair Golfer