|Courtesy of Shannon Hurst Lane|
Two opportunities still remain to qualify for an invitation to the 2012 Masters: 1) win a PGA Tour event that awards a full-point allocation for the season-ending Tour Championship prior to the 2012 tournament; 2) finish in the top 50 of the Official World Golf Ranking published during the week prior to the Masters.
The 2011 Masters had a field of 99 players. South African Charl Schwartzel captured his first Green Jacket by birdieing the final four holes to win by two over Jason Day and Adam Scott.
The 2012 tournament will be the 76th playing of the Masters.
2012 Masters Invitees
The number(s) after each name indicates the basis of qualification. The Masters Committee, at its discretion, also invites international players not otherwise qualified. (See qualifications criteria below.)
Aaron Baddeley (Australia) (15,17,18) # Sang-moon Bae (Korea) (18) Thomas Bjorn (Denmark) (13,18) # Keegan Bradley (4,15,16,17,18) Jonathan Byrd (15,17) Angel Cabrera (Argentina) (1,2,11) #* Patrick Cantlay (6-B) Paul Casey (England) (18) # Kevin Chappell (12) K. J. Choi (Korea) (5,11,15,17,18) Stewart Cink (3) Tim Clark (South Africa) (5) Darren Clarke (N. Ireland) (3,18) Fred Couples (1,11) Ben Crenshaw (1) Jason Day (Australia) (11,12,15,17,18) Luke Donald (England) (11,15,17,18) Jason Dufner (14,15,17,18) Simon Dyson (England) (18) # Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano (Spain) (18) Ross Fisher (England) (11) Rickie Fowler (18) # Harrison Frazar (16) Jim Furyk (18) Sergio Garcia (Spain) (12,18) # Robert Garrigus (12) Lucas Glover (2,16) Bill Haas (15,16,17,18) Anders Hansen (Denmark) (14,18) Peter Hanson (Sweden) (12,18) Padraig Harrington (Ireland) (3,4) Charles Howell III (15,17) Trevor Immelman (South Africa) (1,11) Fredrik Jacobson (Sweden) (15,16,17,18) Miguel Angel Jimenez (Spain) (18) Dustin Johnson (13,15,16,17,18) Zach Johnson (1,18) Robert Karlsson (Sweden) (14,18) Martin Kaymer (Germany) (4,18) Kyung-Tae Kim (Korea) (18) #* Kelly Kraft (6-A) Matt Kuchar (15,17,18) Martin Laird (Scotland) (15,18) Bernhard Langer (Germany) (1) #* Randal Lewis (10) Sandy Lyle (Scotland) (1) #* Bryden Macpherson (Australia) (7) Hunter Mahan (15,17,18) * Hideki Matsuyama (Japan) (8) Graeme McDowell (N. Ireland) (2,18) Rory McIlroy (N. Ireland) (2,11,18) Phil Mickelson (1,13,15,17,18) #* Corbin Mills (9) Larry Mize (1) Edoardo Molinari (Italy) (11) Francesco Molinari (Italy) (18) Kevin Na (15) Geoff Ogilvy (Australia) (11,17,18) Sean O'Hair (16) Jose Maria Olazabal (Spain) (1) Mark O'Meara (1) Louis Oosthuizen (S. Africa) (3,18) Ryan Palmer (11) Ian Poulter (England) (18) Alvaro Quiros (Spain) (18) Chez Reavie (17) Justin Rose (England) (11,15,16,17,18) Rory Sabbatini (South Africa) (15) Charl Schwartzel (South Africa) (1,15,18) Adam Scott (Australia) (11,15,16,17,18) John Senden (Australia) (17,18) # Webb Simpson (15,16,17,18) Vijay Singh (Fiji) (1,15,17) Brandt Snedeker (11,15,16,17,18) Craig Stadler (1) # Scott Stallings (16) # Brendan Steele (16) Henrik Stenson (Sweden) (5) Steve Stricker (11,15,16,17,18) David Toms (14,15,16,17,18) Bo Van Pelt (11,15,17,18) Scott Verplank (14) Nick Watney (15,16,17,18) Bubba Watson (15,16,17,18) Tom Watson (1) Mike Weir (Canada) (1) Lee Westwood (England) (11,12,18) Mark Wilson (15,17) Gary Woodland (15,17) Tiger Woods (1,2,4,11,18) Ian Woosnam (Wales) (1) Y. E. Yang (Korea) (4,12,17,18).
# Denotes first Masters
* Denotes Amateur
Past champions not expected to participate:
Tommy Aaron, Jack Burke Jr., Billy Casper, Charles Coody, Nick Faldo, Raymond Floyd, Doug Ford, Bob Goalby, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, Fuzzy Zoeller.
2012 Masters Qualifications
1. Masters Tournament Champions (Lifetime)
2. US Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
3. British Open Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
4. PGA Champions (Honorary, non-competing after 5 years)
5. Winners of The Players Championship (Three years)
6. Current US Amateur Champion (6-A) (Honorary, non-competing after 1 year) and the runner-up (6-B) to the current US Amateur Champion
7. Current British Amateur Champion (Honorary, non-competing after 1 year)
8. Current Asian Amateur Champion
9. Current US Amateur Public Links Champion
10. Current US Mid-Amateur Champion
11. The first 16 players, including ties, in the previous year's Masters Tournament
12. The first 8 players, including ties, in the previous year's US Open Championship
13. The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's British Open Championship
14. The first 4 players, including ties, in the previous year's PGA Championship
15. The 30 leaders on the Final Official PGA Tour Money List for the previous calendar year
16. Winners of PGA Tour events that award a full-point allocation for the season-ending Tour Championship, from
previous Masters to current Masters
17. Those qualifying for the previous year's season-ending Tour Championship
18. The 50 leaders on the Final Official World Golf Ranking for the previous calendar year
19. The 50 leaders on the Official World Golf Ranking published during the week prior to the current Masters Tournament