Thursday, October 4

Battle of the Sexes: Paul Creamer vs. Gary McCord

IN 1973, A RECORD TV AUDIENCE WATCHED top female tennis player Billie Jean King defeat iconic chauvinist Bobby Riggs in the Battle of the Sexes. Nearly 40 years later, the stage will move from the tennis court to the golf course as LPGA star Paula Creamer takes on CBS Sports commentator Gary McCord in golf's Battle of the Sexes on October 6-7, 2012, at Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, New Jersey.

Golf Channel star David Feherty will provide color and analysis of the match that will feature Creamer and McCord hitting from the same tees on the Banks Course for a purse of $10,000.

When I heard I was playing Paula, said McCord. I thought of advice my dear mom gave me when I was a kid. She told me to always play nice especially with girls….I never listened to mom. Beating Paula will be fun and another win in my already memorable career.

McCord has had a long career on both the PGA and Champions Tours, and while he may have faced the likes of The Golden Bear and The Shark, he has never teed off against The Pink Panther.

Im playing against Gary McCord? said Creamer, an 11-time professional tour winner and 2010 U.S. Women's Open champion. You mean the CBS golf commentator? I didnt even realize he played golf! Wow…you learn something new every day.

For more information about the battle, call (732) 656-8911 or visit www.forsgatecc.com.

(Source: LPGA.com)

No comments :