Tuesday, September 30
Golf Digest: '9 Reasons the U.S. Lost the Ryder Cup'
> Read Golf Digest's "9 Reasons the U.S. Lost the Ryder Cup."
The slideshow includes an explanation of all nine points and thumbnails of the action at Gleneagles.
Here's a preview of the magazine's reasons:
1. The U.S. was short on firepower.
2. They stunk it up in foursomes.
3. They couldn't hold leads.
4. The depth of the European roster shined.
5. Tom Watson's questionable decision-making.
6. The loss was a self-fulfilling prophecy.
7. The captain's picks came too early.
8. The veterans didn't deliver.
9. Those sweaters!