Wednesday, January 14

Kenny Perry's One Goal for Return to PGA Tour

Kenny Perry (ben_lei/Flickr)
KENNY PERRY IS RETURNING to the PGA Tour in the 2015 season.

Golfweek's Alex Micelli reported:
Kenny Perry's last PGA Tour title came at the 2009 Travelers Championship. Perry, 54, is hoping that victory in Hartford, Conn., the 14th of his career, won't be his last. He has decided to take his one-time top-25 money exemption for full PGA Tour status in 2015. 
"I'm not trying to prove anything out here," Perry said from the practice putting green as he prepared for the Sony Open. "I do have one goal. If somehow I could get that lightning in a bottle for one week. If I could win, I would be the oldest guy ever to win."
Perry's plan is to tee it up in 18 PGA Tour events and seven or so on the Champions Tour, including the Champions Tour majors and other bigger events.

No comments :