Wednesday, January 6

Fowler Wants to Make It a Foursome

RICKIE FOWLER IS ITCHING FOR HIS first major victory. Fowler is in Kapalua for the 2016 Hyundai Tournament of Champions. Rickie knows he needs "major" cred to turn the Big Three (Jordan Spieth, Jason Day and Rory McIlroy) into the Big Four.

From Jay Coffin's GolfChannel.com column:
Rickie Fowler
"I feel like to be in the same conversation I need to get a major and get that on the resume to at least have some sort of credentials to be there," Fowler said Tuesday at Kapalua. "I'm just looking forward to working on being the best that I can be. The ultimate goal is to be the best player in the world. I obviously have some pretty tough competition out there... 
"I think a combination of the two years, going with how I was able to hang around and get some top finishes in the majors in '14 and the last year to go out and get the wins," Fowler said. "You put those two together, and we win a major this year."
After three impressive wins in 2015 (The Players Championship, Scottish Open and a FedEx Cup playoff event), I don't know how Fowler could be more ready.

Maybe 2016 will be a breakthrough season for this colorful tour professional who flashes both style and substance.

No comments :