Friday, March 10

Tiger Woods: 'Presently, I Have No Timetable for My Return to Golf'

TIGER WOODS WILL NOT PLAY in the Arnold Palmer Invitational next week, he announced at TigerWoods.com:
"Unfortunately, due to ongoing rest and rehabilitation on my back, I won't be able to play in this year's Arnold Palmer Invitational. I'm especially disappointed because I wanted to be at Bay Hill to help honor Arnold. This is one event I didn't want to skip. Arnold has meant so much to me and my family; I thought of him as a close friend, and Sam and Charlie were both born in the Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies. He will be greatly missed and can never truly be replaced. 
"Presently, I have no timetable for my return to golf, but my treatments are continuing and going well."
This announcement makes a return to the Masters seem highly improbable.

Meanwhile, I invite you to enjoy the below "greatest feeling shot" of Tiger's life, according to an interview with CNN. The shot was from a fairway bunker on the 18th hole in the second round of the 2002 PGA Championship.



"That was the greatest feeling shot I've ever hit in my life," Woods told CNN. "The wind was blowing about 25-30 mph off the left. The lip was in front of me, trees were in front of me, downhill lie and somehow I hit it -- I don't know how I hit it that solid, that clean, that flush and drew it up against the wind and held it, landed about 20ft away."

(H/T PGA.com)

1 comment:

Golf Shop said...

I'd love to see Tiger wood coming back. But maybe, his time has passed and a new generation is coming.